The Grace Homeschooling Resource Centre starts with the premise that the only true education is a Christian education. This premise is based on the fact that only Christian education deals with all the dimensions of life as viewed from a Biblical perspective.
Reality. God is the personal purposeful Creator and represents the guiding force of the universe. Reality in life involves the understanding that God is real and is active in the lives of men and women today.
Truth. All truth is God’s truth. Truth is consistent throughout the universe. Truth exists and is an absolute. God has shown Himself through His Scriptures and man’s understanding of truth comes through a study of the inspired Word of God and an understanding of His creation.
Knowledge. All knowledge must be put in the context of Bible truth. Any knowledge or personal conviction that serves as a guiding principle in an individual’s life must be based on truth as revealed in God’s inspired Word.
Man. Man is created in the spiritual and moral image, or likeness, of God. Man’s essential nature is his freedom to choose or decide for himself what his behavior will be and what he will think, become and do. Man’s essential freedom of choice is affected by his inherent nature and his environment of both good and evil. Therefore, he is in need of special help to choose good and to find fulfillment in a reconciled life made possible by Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God.
Christian Education. In order for an educational program to be academically sound and instructionally effective, it must be founded upon Christian educational principles that recognize the true nature of God, of truth, of knowledge, and of man.
Implicit in Christian education are these basic truths:
- Man does possess a spiritual dimension (Genesis 1: 26-27).
- Education involves the total being – spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social (Proverbs 9:9).
- Each person possesses unique individual potential, traits, and needs (Romans 12:3-8).
- The educational experience must involve (as a primary emphasis) the development of Christian beliefs, attitudes, and skills toward zealous application.
- An integration of Bible truth will be an inseparable and primary part of the total educational process. Christian concepts will be unified with, inseparable from, and central to the academic offerings.
- Youth needs a steady influence while preparing to live in a complex society. Only the Bible has the answers to man’s needs and longings, and therefore, will serve as our final authority on all question.